We welcome you to the World Congress on Audiology that will bring together over 1000 audiologists from over 40 countries. You will have stimulating opportunities to share knowledge at the opening ceremonies, three plenary Round Tables, the special Glorig and WHO lectures, 28 feature sessions, over 200 contributed talks and posters, and an impressive exhibition by industry leaders. Enjoy the City of Vancouver, a truly beautiful city nestled between the mountains and ocean. See you soon.
We look forward to welcoming you to Canada!
|Kathleen Pichora-Fuller, PhD||Marshall Chasin, AuD|
President, International Society of Audiology
Vancouver, the most beautiful of Canadian cities, combines spectacular nature with lively urban life. The city is lined with ocean beaches and surrounded by mountains, with many accessible parks and forest trails within walking distance of the WCA2016 site. It is a safe and multi-cultural city with amazing restaurants and a wide variety of cultural attractions. Beyond Vancouver, within several hours, you can be whale watching on the Pacific Ocean, skiing on glaciers at Whistler Mountain where the 2010 Winter Olympics were held, or even sampling wine in the famous Okanagan Valley in the interior of British Columbia.
WCA2016 will be featuring many other timely and relevant themes spanning research and practice in audiology. The program includes:
- Plenary Roundtable sessions
- An exhibition and opportunities to learn about the latest advances in the hearing industry.
- Pre-congress workshops that feature a range of cutting edge topics.
- Networking opportunities and interactions amongst delegates from many countries
- Special sessions designed to include students and those from related disciplines and professions
- Social event